es, there is study pressure in UPES, but time management is the key.
For me there are several things one can do on weekends
- Travel: Being a photographer I hardly was stopped from going out and clicking the beauty of Dehradun. Dehradun has beautiful view from the surrounding mountains, go there and explore them. Also visit Mussouri, Chakarta, Gchupani, Tapkeshwar, Robbers cave, FRI, George Everest’s House, Buddha Temple, Monasteries, Guru Ram Rai Gurudwara and many more.
- Visit Guru Ram Rai Gurudwara during Jhanda Ji Mela.
- If you like to spend time near river, then visit Maldevta.
- Street food is great. Take a break from your routine and explore and have some street food.
- There is a dosawala near Doon International School (the main branch) do try it.
- Food junction & Goli vada pav, there you will find one of the best masala teas in Dehradun. The serving of the tea is in ‘kulhar’. The restaurant is 500–600mtrs from Malsi Deer Park.
- Go to Maggie points.
- If anyhow you are able to get longer holidays or by plan to stay back and explore Dehradun during your semester breaks, then do a trek to Bhadraj Temple. Generally from Aug 15, to Aug 17 a fair is organized there. (It is still on my bucket list)
There are many more things to do.