- Befriend the nerd of the class.
- The teachers are always right.
- Always keep a tab on your attendance and never let it fall below 70%.
- Know your locations well. (JavaGreen – Abode – Estancia – Potheri Station)
- The trains are your most reliable way to travel.
- Get a gf/bf in the first year itself, else you’ll be alone for the next 3 years.
- Make sure to utilise every opportunity you get to be part of any college event.
- Keep in contact with a senior of your department for getting projects, reports etc.
- AC class rooms are only for the first year, so enjoy it.
- Ability to speak in Hindi helps you in every possible way.
I’m going to complete my fourth year in SRM and all I can say is, these 4 years make sure you make friends with the right people and stay out of unnecessary trouble and make the most of the opportunities offered. No college (VIT comes close) offers so much freedom to students as much as SRM.
Make memories first, study later.