Currently I am studying at IIT Patna, although not in CSE branch but surely can give you some insights of CSE culture here at IIT Patna. I don’t know much about IIT Gandhinagar and NIT Allahabad, but I can assure you that here at IIT Patna CSE is really rocking.
Let’s see some highlights.
- Generally you will find Profs are not that supportive or fascinated to teach in IITs/ NITs, but here most of the CSE Profs are really very chill and supportive.
- When it comes to placement, it’s miraculous … 100% placement for CSE guys who have CPI greater than 7 (yes you heard it correct, I know it’s hard to believe. I also had the same doubt last year until I joined IITP).
- Average package is around 15 lpa, and highest goes around 50 lpa (It’s last year’s data, surely it would have increased this year).
- Yes, there exist students like Ashutosh Agarwal Bhaiya who got 1.8 crore package, placed in Google.
- In a short span of time IIT Patna has achieved admirable heights. This year 5 students (this number is increasing every year) from the 1st year successfully cleared Google Summer of Code (GSoC).
- Recently the ACM-ICPC (A world level coding competition) was conducted in China, in which teams from the world over participated. There IIT Patna stood 2nd (among Kolkata zone) and 56th worldwide. IIT Patna was the only “new” IIT to qualify for the World Finals. ( cheers 🙂 )
Leave an answer