Currently I am studying at IIT Patna, although not in CSE branch but surely can give you some insights of CSE culture here at IIT Patna. I don’t know much about IIT Gandhinagar and NIT Allahabad, but I can assure you that here at IIT Patna CSE is really rocking.
Let’s see some highlights.
- Generally you will find Profs are not that supportive or fascinated to teach in IITs/ NITs, but here most of the CSE Profs are really very chill and supportive.
- When it comes to placement, it’s miraculous … 100% placement for CSE guys who have CPI greater than 7 (yes you heard it correct, I know it’s hard to believe. I also had the same doubt last year until I joined IITP).
- Average package is around 15 lpa, and highest goes around 50 lpa (It’s last year’s data, surely it would have increased this year).
- Yes, there exist students like Ashutosh Agarwal Bhaiya who got 1.8 crore package, placed in Google.
- In a short span of time IIT Patna has achieved admirable heights. This year 5 students (this number is increasing every year) from the 1st year successfully cleared Google Summer of Code (GSoC).
Leave an answer