It is same as all other IITs.
The 10% rule. It is as follow:
- No branch should have more than 110% of its actual batch strength.
- No branch should have less than 90% of the actual batch strength.
- The student who wants to change the branch should have more than 8.5 CGPA (at the end of second semester) without any backlog.
- In case of tie(equal CGPA), the student having better JEE ADVANCED rank will be given the priority.
- The students in Dual degree program can change to other dual degree programs only.
- The students in the top 1% of the entire batch of the first years will given most priority to opt for branch change.
If you want to join IIT Bhubaneswar in hope of a branch change, it won’t be that difficult if you study two hours a day. But one needs to attend all the classes and labs attentively (being devoted to studies) and should not get involved in too much of society works or sports.
Leave an answer