Welcome to SRM,
Always remember it’s a turning point of life, from school to a college. Being a first year student, there are lot of opportunities to work with. I’ll highlight some of them…
- You can join any of the technical project team as in SRM-SAT,4ZE Racing,Robocon,SRMUAV etc working in the campus, to explore the real time things.
- Participate in the Cultural fest Milan as well as in Techno Management fest Aaruush, this will add to your resume too.
- Focus on academics and never ever mess with faculty whatever the scenario is.
- Prepare for the exams before time ,it will help you in all the way, don’t let the things for next day. Explore previous year question papers (available at Central Library ground floor), questions might get repeated.
- Moreover try to do the mini/minor/major project by own though it needs more hard work than those people who purchase from outside, it will definitely help you during interviews.
- Try to participate in some of the good workshops, go for some Project presentation/ Paper presentation.
- Whatever the department you choose , try to learn at least C programming. Make full use of Central library as well as Digital library (You will get free access to the 4–5 available system which are having IEEE access).
- Communicate with the seniors to get latest updates on seminars/guest lectures.
- Make use of Laboratory and perform experiments by own, don’t just copy the others observation. You can easily score “S” grade in labs by doing so.
- Try to maintain a consistency in your CGPA (Best above 9.0).
- Enjoy the campus life maintaining a balance with academics.