These are going to be the best four years of your life.There are a few things I would like to suggest:
- Get into the hostel by whatever means possible, 4 years of hostel life will give you memories of a lifetime.
- Everyone around you would be running around for getting high marks and grades, marks are important but not more than being aware of things happening around you and networking with the right bunch of people.Try to maintain a CGPA of 8.5, that too only for the purpose of being eligible to sit in placements for all companies.
- Get into as many clubs as possible, try, understand and experiment, and out of all them find the one that interests you the most, start working actively for that club, it will bring out the hidden creativity in you.
- Not all teachers will be the same, this goes with your peers too. Some will be unreasonably harsh on you and some might be really kind to you.
- Interact with the non-teaching staff of the college, they will give you the perspective of the college you have never known or thought of.(You will get to know the secrets as well).
- If you are in RVCE for placements and are not in ECE,ISE or CSE, work hard and score above 9.0 CGPA in first year and get your branch changed to any of them. A senior once told me that a student who can hold a pen and belongs to these three branches gets placed, and this is very true.
- The most important one, make friends , friends that will be there for you through thick and thin, enjoy your time with them, go out , travel, party, study together, work together and see the overall development in yourself.
- The college administration will make you run for each and everything, try to find ways that can get the work done faster.(The non teaching staff will come of help here).
- Be friendly with everyone, be kind to everyone, marks won’t matter 10 years from now, but the memories will.