Ok, I am assuming that you are asking about Manipal Institute of Technology and as a pass out I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.
- Great college outlook. The infrastructure is pretty good as compared to colleges like VIT , SRM and non top 3 NITs.
- The population is very low as compared to SRM and VIT. (The size of a college matters as resource distribution will be lower ).
- Placements are decent. Though VIT and SRM boast of 100% placement that is just a number. The quality of job is not considered(read salary if money minded). In MIT the job scenario is different. College is more concerned about quality than quantity. This is a big plus.
- There are many clubs which are application oriented. This is very useful when you come out of college and enter industries.
- Unrestricted environment. (That`s a plus if you are utilizing it else you can put it as a minus).
- Lot of international exposure. Very good if you want pursue higher education abroad.
- Too much of party culture. MU is one of India’s most diverse universities so there are people from all backgrounds and few courses are just for the sake of a degree. So these folks party day in and day out.
- Branches like E&C(read ECE) and E&E(read EEE) are pretty tough and don’t get the right amount of results in placements.
- Scoring in some branches is pretty difficult. (I am from E&C where exams were very tough and had good quality papers).Makes your GPA low which may affect your application for MS.
- Cost wise it sucks. ( Though we had lower fees as compared to today’s fee which is exponentially higher than what we paid we still called it Moneypal ).
- Don’t take branches which are specializations.(Like mechatronics, aeronautics, automobile ##Exception CCE).
- Core placements suck.(Better than many other colleges like SRM,VIT , yet suck).