My idea is before choosing any course or college, scrutinize your long term goals. Although everyone faces the same problem before starting their career in Engineering. Be sincere.
Coming to your questions on the current status of computer science (B.E) in Chitkara following are my observations:-
- The college has only three majors in engineering CSE,ECE,ME/Civil. So they invest to innovate and enhance the pedagogy to bridge the gap between academia and industry needs.
- They have various tie up with various industries and MNCs.
- At the end of 2rd-year start, they start comprehensive module to make student ready for placements. It includes interviews, communication, Quantitative aptitude and all. This technique I admire the most. They outsource faculty from the eminent institute of nearby Chandigarh,Panchkula and all. They don’t charge even a single penny for this.
- Coming to academic. They have good faculty[not as per your expectation like IIT, NIT, BITS]. They follow the traditional techniques of exams, files for viva which I hate most[In fact everyone].
- They inspire lots of innovation. A number of filed patent increasing day by day which itself a testimony of its research and development. They have a separate dedicate wing for R&D [CURIN]. Believe me it’s the best part of academy.
- As I told initially, If you don’t prioritize your goals, your life will be in jeopardy. You have to fight with CSE guys to get placement in good MNCs.
- Don’t make up your mind initially for placement. Take academic sincerely. Learn some tools/Software.Don’t ignore CGPA.