ou’ve got one more year at VIT and you will, in all probability, want to escape in a few months from now.
Try doing these things, so that you stay busy on campus and have tons of memories once you are ready to leave.
1. Study hard. Try to ace your exams. Not very difficult at VIT.
2. Associate yourself with at least one club/society. 3rd year might be late if you haven’t already, but keep looking.
3. Start preparing for GATE/CAT etc if you want to compete in these exams. Don’t just join TIME. Start studying on your own too.
4. If you have a crush on someone, let them know. You’ll either end up having a great year or spend it setting your head straight again. Worth the effort, eitherways.
5. Try to visit as many places as you can, around Vellore, with your friends. (Something that I could not do, given my friends, who could never synchronize plans!)
6. Make sure that you eat at every eatery worth its salt, in Vellore.
7. Start making mini-projects, presenting papers. These are things you just cannot learn overnight.
8. Try not to get involved in students’ politics. You’ll end up spending a lot of time, which you can use for other great things.
9. Start towards building your own collection of music, books, movies or all of them.
10. This goes without saying, but I’ll still spell it out. Make friends. Make a lot of friends. Make some really good friends. At the end of the day, you will not miss the green campus or Raghavendra. You’ll miss the people you meet at VIT