I have 2 things to say.
- It is not necessary for parents to be present for enrollment in the campus.
- You should really take them with you.
The whole enrollment process might be overwhelming for a student who just passed out of school and it is not just signing a few documents and taking a few things.
The locals have an advantage because they are used to surrounding areas and the environment there but others may even find it confusing (imagine going to Chennai from the north).
So if you can..
- Process and store all the documents required at each step.
- Deal with the management.
- Handle all the payment slips, Demand Drafts and receipts.
- Settle in the hostel yourself.
- Convince parents to not to come.
You are most welcome to do the whole process on your own big man.