NEW DELHI: The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) will close the application form window for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) today, November 18, 2022. The consortium began registration for CLAT 2023 on August 8, 2022. Eligible candidates can apply for CLAT 2023 by registering online at the official website of consortium – consortiumofnlus.ac.in and complete the application form before the deadline.
CLAT 2023 application form – Documents required
Candidates filling the CLAT 2023 application form should upload the following documents:
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if the candidate is SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority in case of PWD candidates and BPL category candidates
- All documents or certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
Steps to apply for CLAT 2023
- Visit the CLAT consortium official website – consortiumofnlus.ac.in
- Click on the registration link (Registration link is given above)
- Enter your required details such as name, mobile number, password, and email id.
- Log in using the newly generated ID and password.
- Complete the application form by entering personal, education and communication details.
- Complete the application process by submitting CLAT registration fee.
- Take a printout for future reference.
CLAT registration fee 2023
Candidates who belong to the General category need to pay an application fee of Rs 4,000 and candidates who belong to SC/ST/BPL categories need to pay Rs 3,500 as the CLAT application fee.
The consortium has also released two sample papers to help candidates prepare for the exam well. It has also launched online emotional health support services from November 17, 2022. With emotional health support, the consortium intends to make the CLAT preparation phase stress-free. Candidates who have completed the registration process can avail this service free of cost.
CLAT 2023 scores will be accepted by 22 national law universities and other private institutes for admission to the 5-year LLB programme and one year LLM programme. CLAT admit card will be soon for all the registered candidates who have paid the application fee. Candidates will be able to check their allotted exam centre once the admit card is released.